The Federal Home Loan Bank of New York (“FHLBNY”) approved Ukrainian Federal Credit Union as an official participant in the Homebuyer Dream Program™ ("HDP").
Who is eligible?
First-time homebuyers are eligible for this program.
What is the program?
The Homebuyer Dream Program™ is a federally regulated program that will provide funds in the form of a grant to be used towards down payment and closing cost assistance to first-time homebuyers purchasing homes in New York. The potential maximum assistance is $10,000 per household.
When does the program begin?
The 2021 HDP round started on May 3, 2021 and will run through November 30, 2021 or until funds are exhausted.
New York State
As a community-based financial institution UFCU is committed to serving its members, and we believe that HDP is a great opportunity for those who thought they couldn’t afford their own home.
There are several requirements for the program. Below we highlight some of the most important in order to help you get started:
- Household is a first-time homebuyer
- Homebuyer(s) must provide a fully executed Purchase and Sales Contract dated prior to the reservation request date.
- Household must meet the income requirements of total household income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (“AMI”) for the county in which the household is purchasing, adjusted for household size (based upon the number of people who will reside in the home being purchased).
- Homebuyer(s) must complete a homeownership counseling program through a counseling agency that is accredited by HUD, a State Government or State Housing Finance Agency (HFA), or the National Industry Standards for Homeownership Education and Counseling. Click here to find an agency near you >>>
- Eligible properties include: 1-4 family dwellings, townhouses, condominiums, cooperative housing units or manufactured housing (must be affixed to a permanent foundation) to be used as the household’s primary residence. In the case of new construction, construction must be completed prior to closing, and Member must ensure issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
- Ineligible properties include: investment properties and vacant land.
I’ve read the information above. Now what?
In order to be considered for the grant, buyers must first submit an offer on a home. Our Mortgage Lending team at Ukrainian FCU is ready to assist in the buying process! Allow us the opportunity to not only get you into your first home but also help you save some money.
Let us know you’re interested in the Homebuyer Dream Program by filling out the form below, and someone from our lending team will contact you. Or you may call (877) 968-7828 and dial 6 to reach our Mortgage Department.