Ukrainian FCU and Ukrainian-American Community Foundation, Inc. are committed to supporting UFCU student-members with annual scholarship awards.
2019 Undergraduate Scholarship Program
UFCU student-members have the opportunity to apply for two different scholarship programs using one application.
- New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA) Scholarship Program
- Ukrainian-American Community Foundation (UACF) Scholarship Program
- January 4, 2019: Deadline for UFCU student-members to submit application to Ukrainian FCU.
- April – May 2019: UFCU will receive notification regarding the 2019 winners and awards. UFCU will contact students.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (for NYCUA scholarship):
- High School Senior
- Will be attending college for the first time in the fall of 2019
- Will be enrolled in either a two or four-year college
- Are a member of the Ukrainian Federal Credit Union
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (for UACF scholarship):
- High School Senior or College Freshman
- Will be attending college for the first time in the fall of 2019, or is enrolled in either a two or four-year college
- Are a member of the Ukrainian Federal Credit Union for at least one year
Information regarding the 2019 GRADUATE scholarship program will be available in Spring 2019.
Ukrainian-American Community (UAC) Foundation, Inc. Graduate Scholarship Program – a brief history.
In 2016, on the initiative of Tamara Denysenko, UAC Foundation President, a Graduate Scholarship program was established for highly motivated Ukrainian FCU members pursuing a variety of advanced degrees. The Ukrainian FCU funded the first two graduate scholarships of $1,000 each. Four additional $1,000 Ukrainian Centennial Graduate Scholarships were generously funded by Dr. Christine Hoshowsky, educator, long-time Rochester Ukrainian-American community activist and president of Rochester Ukrainian Group (RUG) to recognize outstanding graduate students, scholars, of Ukrainian descent in the Greater Rochester area. Since its inception, the Ukrainian American Centennial Committee sought ways to recognize the achievements of our youth while highlighting the Centennial Milestone, which became dear to members of the Ukrainian-American Community in Rochester, New York. The discourse on how to involve the next generation in the Centennial Project is on-going and welcoming of suggestions from members of the wider Ukrainian-American community.
Mr. Richard and Mrs. Billie Harris also donated $1,000 for a Harris Memorial Graduate Scholarship in honor of Richard’s parents, Paul and Lorraine Harris, who established Harris Funeral Home 70 years ago in Rochester, NY. To date, recipients of the graduate scholarships were Olga Bilokin, Tanya Bucierka, Roman Kowalchuk, Olenka Masny, Nataliia Vasylchuk, Volodymyr Tokarchuk and Maryana Zakharchishin. Serving on the Graduate Scholarship Committee are Evhen Lylak, E.D., (RIT), Olena Prokopovych, Ph.D., (Nazareth College) and Elena Dilai, (Monroe Community College).
For more information on establishing named and/or memorial Graduate Scholarships as part of the UAC Foundation Inc. program, please write to UACFoundation@ukrainianfcu.org.