2019 Graduate Scholarship Program
The Ukrainian Federal Credit Union (UFCU), through the Ukrainian-American Community Foundation, has made possible two (2) $1,000 Graduate Scholarships, as well as two (2) $1,000 Ukrainian Centennial Scholarships, to be awarded on a competitive basis to qualified UFCU members enrolled in a graduate degree program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Saturday, November 16, 2019
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: (Former UFCU undergraduate scholarship recipients are eligible for a Ukrainian Centennial Scholarship only.)
- Must be Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Must be a Ukrainian FCU member-in-good-standing with a primary share account opened on or before November 1, 2018
- Must be fully admitted in an accredited postgraduate degree program in the United States
- Must have maintained a minimum 3.25 Undergraduate GPA
- Must complete UFCU Products & Services Focus Group Survey at http://ufcufocusgroup2019.questionpro.com
Please contact UACFoundation@ukrainianfcu.org with any questions or comments.
2020 Undergraduate Scholarship Program
UFCU student-members nationwide have the opportunity to apply for two different scholarship programs using one application.
- New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA) Scholarship Program
- Ukrainian-American Community Foundation (UACF) Scholarship Program
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, January 10, 2020
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (for NYCUA scholarship):
The applicant must be a member in good standing of a participating New York credit union who meets all of the following criteria:
- The member is a college-bound high school senior at the time of application.
- The member is attending college for the first time in the fall of 2020.
- The member will be enrolled in either a two- or four-year accredited educational institution.
- The member agrees to use any scholarship funds awarded by January 31, 2021, at an accredited educational institution only.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (for UACF scholarship):
- High School Senior or Undergraduate student
- Will be attending college for the first time in the fall of 2020, or is enrolled in either a two or four-year college
- Are a member of the Ukrainian Federal Credit Union for at least one year
→May 2020: UFCU will receive notification regarding the 2020 winners and awards. UFCU will contact students.
About Ukrainian-American Community (UAC) Foundation, Inc.
Since its inception in 2010, the Ukrainian-American Community Foundation, Inc. donated over $213,000 to help support various community, cultural, humanitarian and educational initiatives. Over $105,000 was awarded in undergraduate and graduate scholarships.
In 2018, undergraduate and graduate students received $18,250 in scholarships. In addition to Ukrainian FCU, other scholarship donors included Selfreliance Association of Rochester, Ukrainian Civic Center, the Diaczenko-Szostak family in memory of Wasyl and Anna Diaczenko, Rochester Ukrainian Group, Walter Denysenko, Wasyl and Anna Kornylo, Connie DiNicola and Ken Harzynski, owners of EZ Income Tax Service Acquisition, LLC.
Undergraduate scholarship recipients in 2018 were: Petro Didniak, Katherine Flanigen, Madeline Ghysel, Michela Hanlon, David Hrynyk, Ostap Juravich, Cathrine Lee, Joseph Marang, Dennis Pavlyuk, Lilia Sagan, Oleg Savka, Kristina Shevchyk, Angela Sushko, Konstantin Sytch, Krystina Szylo, Mary Troyanovych, Alexander Wansha and Martin Welych-Flanagan. Thanks to Dr. Christine Hoshowsky, Vladimir Tokarchuk and Maryana Zakharchishin were awarded the Rochester Ukrainian Centennial graduate scholarship of $1,000 each.
The UAC Foundation also provided donations to: The Bob & Louise Slaughter Foundation, US-Ukraine Foundation, Nazareth College-Ukrainian Partnership Program, Ukrainian History and Education Center, InterVol, Irondequoit Public Library Foundation, Maranata Missionary Organization, Inc., Ukrainian Congress Committee of America (UCCA) School Council, Ukrainian Catholic Education Foundation, Ukrainian Cultural Center of Rochester, UCC-ROC Maidan, Ukrainian Free University, Ukrainian World Congress, United Ukrainian Relief Committee of America, Harvard Ukrainian Research Institute, UCCA-Ukrainian National Information Service (UNIS), Ukrainian-American Veterans, Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus, World Federation of Ukrainian Women’s Organizations, Skalny Center for Polish & East European Studies, The Ukrainian Patriarchal Society in the USA, Ukrainian-American Freedom Foundation, Ukrainian Language Society and Habitat for Humanity.
The UAC Foundation, Inc. looks forward to continuing its mission of of serving as a non-profit, 501(c)(3) charitable institutional structure for the Ukrainian Federal Credit Union for many years to come. Serving on the UAC Foundation Board of Directors in 2018 were – Tamara Denysenko, President, Wasyl Kornylo, Vice-President, Yaroslav Fatyak, 2nd Vice-President, Barbara Gutierrez, Treasurer and Evhen Lylak, Secretary. Joining the UAC Foundation Board in 2019 are Galina Dyakiv, Mirko Pylyshenko, Bohdan Zakharchishin and Volodymyr Otvaruchin.
For more information on establishing named and/or memorial Graduate Scholarships as part of the UAC Foundation Inc. program, please write to UACFoundation@ukrainianfcu.org.